Friday 31 May 2013

Introduction to the local patch

On the Sunday that I was down in Cornwall my brother had signed up to do a charity cycle ride from St. Ives to Penzance which left me on my own so instead of staying in my brothers flat all day I headed off with my parents to the world famous Eden Project. It was a very nice trip and very educational. When we left in the afternoon around 3 or 4 o'clock we met up with my brother and went down to the sea side to have a picnic. My brother had his scope with him so we did some sea watching as well. We looked over the sea for maybe about half an hour and during that time I managed to see a few hundred MANX SHEARWATERS my first for the year and a very nice Summer Plumaged Great Northern Diver. The next day the weather was terrible and we had no option but to stay indoors but when the weather cleared up we had a nice walk around my brothers local patch. The walk took about 2 hours and we passed lots scenic places until we got to College Reservoir where we had Swallows and Swifts flying about. I also had my first SAND MARTIN of the year.
We finished the day by going along the scenic route by the coast.




I have been writing my posts up quite frequently so if you missed my last post about Aylesbeare Common click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment