Sunday 12 February 2012

At the beach (eckernförde)

Today I went down to the beach with my exchange family. I was not expecting to see much but as soon as we arrived on the beach I saw 12 Red-breasted Merganser fly past. Then I looked over into a bay were I saw some Goldeneye and some possible scaups but I was to far away to tell. Later I saw some more Red-breasted Merganser and some Eiders. Over the half hour I was there I managed to see at least 100 Eiders male and female. Behind the Eiders a lot further away I saw some Common Scoters. I saw lots of gulls aswell but nothing new with them. As I was looking at an unIDable bird 5 Long-tailed Ducks flow in and landed on the water. A bit later I saw another 2 Long-tailed Ducks swimming around which brought my count to 7 (oh yes). I managed to take some notes on the bird I couldn't ID and hopfully I will have a sulotion Solution by tomorrow of what it was. I also hope I will go again tomorrow because I have a free day off of school tomorrow.
I WILL PROBABLE NOT BE POSTING ON THIS BLOG FOR A WHILE BECAUSE I HAVE A SPECIAL BLOG FOR ECKERNFÖRDE TO SEE IT CLICK HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment