Tuesday 3 January 2012

Marsworth and Startop's End Reservoir with a hint of Wilstone Reservoir

I woke this morning at about 9 o'clock and got all my birding equipment ready to leave by 9:40 and get the train at 10:01. I arrived at Marsworth Reservoir at about 10:50 and got out the scope to have a scan for the Jack Snipe which had been seen recently. After a while of scanning with no luck I decided to go and have a look at the Snow Bunting on Startop's End Reservoir and add it to my new year list for 2012. I went round and had a good look and obtained some good pictures of the Snow Bunting with my new Nikon D3100 which I got for Christmas. I was with many other people looking at this wonderful and spectacular bird. Here are 7 of the 211 pictures I took (I only choose 7 because I couldn't really be bothered to crop all the pictures)







When I had finished photographing it I went on to Marsworth Reservoir to have a look for the Jack Snipe and some other stuff. I went first to the hide which is looking over Startop's End Reservoir and had a quick look, now that I think about it I think I could have looked a bit harder to find something good. I also had a quick look at a flock of Black-headed Gulls unfortunately there was no sign of a Mediterranean Gull. After that I had another look for the Jack Snipe but I was fruitless in my findings. Because of this I decided to go to Wilstone Reservoir to have a look at what was there I arrived at the jetty and saw two fisherman on the bank in front of it desterbing all the birds there was also nothing to be seen so I headed back to Marsworth to have another look for the Jack Snipe. When I arrived there was a large group looking at something at about were the Jack Snipe was often seen. I walked over and asked what it was and to my delight it was the Jack Snipe I trained the scope on it and looked at it and took notes for about 45 minutes. I decided to catch the 14:26 train back to Kings Langley were I got a lift from my dad back to my house it was a very enjoyable trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment