Wednesday 14 September 2011

Pectoral Sandpiper at Wilstone Reservoir (9/9/11)

A few days ago I decided to go to see the Pectoral Sandpiper that had been staying at Wilstone Reservoir. I had packed my bags ready to leave the next day straight after school had finished at 3:30. On the day I came home and got ready. I left my home at 3:45 and was on my way I arrived at Wilstone Reservoir around 4:15 and ran straight to the pier were it had been seen from I had looked up on Herts Bird Club if it was still there and seen it was so I have no idea why I was in such a rush. I looked for it with my binoculars and could only see a small spec which looked like a Pectoral Sandpiper but I was not 100% sure fortunately someone kindly showed me the bird through their scope and I recognised it straight away as a Juv. Pectoral Sandpiper later I found out it was a female. I came back after walking half way round the reservoir when I saw my brother with his scope we managed to get some good looks at it and I also managed to film it with my camcorder.

 luckily it was not to far away.

Also later we found a juv. Black Tern flying around the reservoir and over our heads.

No comments:

Post a Comment